This message is being sent courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Wednesday, 11/02/2011   12:10p - 1:00 p.m.   Cullen Auditorium

Speaker:

Richard T. Jennings, M.D., Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Preventive Medicine and Community Health & Family Medicine
Medical Director, UTMB Aviation Medicine Center
Director, UTMB/NASA-JSC Aerospace Medicine Residency

Lecture Title:

"Commercial Issues"

Dr. Jennings will discuss the current status of commercial spaceflight, aspects of crew medical certification and passenger acceptance, as well as medical issues that confront commercial spacecraft companies.  He will provide an update on the FAA Center of Excellence in Commercial Space Transportation that was awarded to a team of universities, including UTMB, and possible opportunities for commercial spaceflight research with the FAA Center and its partners in the coming years.

We encourage students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series "Topics in Human Space Exploration and Medicine."   Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Nancy Gibbins
Center for Space Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
713-798-7639