This message is being sent courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Wednesday, 10/08/2014   12:10 - 1:00 p.m.
DeBakey Classroom - M423

Speaker:

Dorit B. Donoviel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacology & Center for Space Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
Deputy Chief Scientist and Industry Forum Lead
National Space Biomedical Research Institute

Lecture Title:

"Bringing Space Medicine Research Down to Earth"

The space environment presents a unique paradigm that challenges our understanding of human physiology and our capability to administer healthcare in an extreme and resource limited environment. Medical procedures and technologies must meet a high bar and be robust and largely minimally invasive. Advances made for space have already resulted in innovative ways of practicing medicine that are transforming clinical care here on Earth.

We encourage students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series "Topics in Human Space Exploration and Medicine."  Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Nancy Gibbins
Center for Space Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
713-798-7639