This message is being sent courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Wednesday, 12/02/2015   12:10 - 1:00 p.m.
Kleberg Auditorium

Speaker:

David F. Dinges, M.S., M.A.(h), Ph.D.
Professor and Director, Unit for Experimental Psychiatry
Chief, Division of Sleep & Chronobiology
Vice Chair, Faculty Affairs and Program Development
Department of Psychiatry

Perelman School of Medicine

University of Pennsylvania

Lecture Title:

Issues of Behavioral Performance and Behavioral Health in Space

Exploration of space requires increasingly prolonged periods of confinement, isolation, and exposure to health risks. Maintaining crew members' behavioral capabilities during exploration missions will require finding effective ways to predict, prevent, detect and intervene to counter both individual neurobehavioral deficits and problems of crew cohesion. This talk will review the relevant issues to ensuring humans can cope cognitively, emotionally and socially with the demands of prolonged space flight.

We encourage students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series "Topics in Human Space Exploration and Medicine."   Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Nancy Gibbins
Director, Business Operations
Center for Space Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine