This message is being sent to you courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Tuesday, 05/03/2016   12:10 - 1:00 p.m.
Kleberg Auditorium

Speaker:

John B. Charles, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist
NASA Human Research Program
Johnson Space Center

Lecture  Title:

"So You Want to Go to Mars? Biomedical Aspects of
Early Interplanetary Expeditions"

Learning Objectives:  Participants will understand:

*        Why interplanetary missions occur so infrequently
and take so long.
*        How actual space missions are different from fictional
space missions in the movies.
*        Physiological and psychological challenges of interplanetary
missions and what is being done to overcome them.

We encourage BCM students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series "Introduction to
Human Space Exploration and Medicine."  Please contact me if you need additional information about this
presentation.

Thank you,

Nancy Gibbins
Center for Space Medicine