NPRP_PEDS_READY Archives

September 2013

NPRP_PEDS_READY@LISTSERV-PUBLIC.BCM.TMC.EDU

From:
Sam Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:50:40 -0500
Good morning!

Phase one of the National Pediatric Readiness Project has come to a close. Nationwide, the response rate was 82.7% with over 4100 hospitals participating! Our response rate in Texas was 60.5% with 305 hospitals participating. This is the largest number of hospitals that responded from any state! Thank you for your participation!

This is the largest nationwide survey of hospitals ever completed. For the first time in history, we have a robust data source from which to establish a baseline of the nation's capacity to provide care for children in the emergency department, create a foundation for ED's to engage in ongoing quality improvement efforts, and establish benchmarks to measure improvements over time.

Attached, please find the Pediatric Readiness Summary for Texas as compared with results from the rest of the country. We are currently putting together results from the individual regions and will disseminate those results as soon as we have them compiled. I will be visiting the October meetings of RAC's C and I, and the December meeting of RAC H to give an update in person.

For more information, please visit www.pediatricreadiness.org

If you have any questions regarding the National Pediatric Readiness Project, please feel free to contact me.

Sam Vance, BA, NREMTP
Program Manager
EMSC State Partnership, Texas

1102 Bates Ave., Suite 1850