This message is being sent courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Wednesday, 11/16/2011   12:10p – 1:00 p.m.   DeBakey Classroom M423

Speaker:

Scott A. Dulchavsky, M.D., Ph.D.

Professor of Surgery, Molecular Biology and Genetics

Wayne State University School of Medicine

The Roy D. McClure Chairman of Surgery and Surgeon-in-Chief

Henry Ford Hospital

Lecture Title:

“Citius, Altius, Fortius (Faster, Higher, Stronger)”

Providing care in the austere environment of space requires novel, resource limited solutions. We have developed applications which couple just in time training, with off the shelf technologies to increase medical care capabilities on the Space Station and beyond. This lecture will demonstrate that techniques developed for use in space, can be effectively modified for use in underserved, remote, or other situations on Earth where training and equipment are in limited supply.

We encourage students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series “Topics in Human Space Exploration and Medicine.”   Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Nancy Gibbins

Center for Space Medicine

Baylor College of Medicine

713-798-7639

cid:15cb4023-6a60-4f32-8b46-e54781c4c044