This message is being sent to you courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Wednesday, 03/22/2017

12:00 – 1:00 p.m.  Cullen Auditorium

Speaker:

Dorit Donoviel, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Pharmacology and Center for Space Medicine

Baylor College of Medicine

Director, CSM Biomedical Innovation Laboratory

Deputy Chief Scientist

National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI)

Lecture  Title:

Learning Objectives:

Speaker:

Lecture Title:

Learning Objectives:

Space: The Final Healthcare Frontier

Students should be able to:

·        Articulate how medical care can be provided in extreme environments in space.

·        List some of the top health concerns for astronauts on deep space exploration missions.

·        Explain how developing medical care approaches and technologies for space can impact healthcare on Earth.

1:00 – 2:00 p.m.   Cullen Auditorium

Jonathan B. Clark, M.D., M.P.H.

Associate Professor

Department of Neurology & Center for Space Medicine

Baylor College of Medicine

NSBRI Space Medicine Advisor & Former NASA Flight Surgeon

Medical Events and Health Care in Space

·        Understand the hazards associated with space operations during various phases of spaceflight.

·        Gain familiarity with the specialty of Space Medicine and the hazards associated with human spaceflight.

·        Recognize the challenges of health care delivery in the space environment.

We encourage BCM students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series “Introduction to Human Space Exploration and Medicine.”   Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Thank you,

Nancy Gibbins

Center for Space Medicine

Baylor College of Medicine