This message is being sent to you courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Wednesday, 4/18/2018
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Kleberg Auditorium

Speaker:

Dorit Donoviel, Ph.D.
Director, Translational Research Institute for Space Health
Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology
Center for Space Medicine

Lecture  Title:

"Space: The Final Healthcare Frontier"

Learning Objectives:

*        Articulate how medical care can be provided in extreme environments in space.

*        List some of the top health concerns for astronauts on deep space exploration missions.
*        Explain how developing medical care approaches and technologies for space can impact healthcare on Earth.

We encourage BCM students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series "Introduction to Human Space Exploration and Medicine."   Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Nancy Gibbins
Center for Space Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
713-798-4510