This message is being sent to you courtesy of BCM Center for Space Medicine

Date, Time & Location:

Thursday, 4/26/2018
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Kleberg Auditorium

Speaker:

Jean D. Sibonga, Ph.D.
Bone Discipline Lead
Human Research Program
Risk Custodian for Bone Fracture
NASA Johnson Space Center

Lecture  Title:

"Skeletal Adaptation to Spaceflight: How do we Assess Fracture Risk in the Astronaut?"

Learning Objectives:

*       Understand the insufficiency of DXA BMD as a sole surrogate for fracture risk and to assess astronaut skeletal health for the space program.

*       Understand the utility of conventional QCT measurements of the hip for clinical and operational decision-making in the space program.

We encourage BCM students, faculty and staff to attend the CSM elective lecture series "Introduction to Human Space Exploration and Medicine."   Please contact me if you need additional information about this presentation.

Nancy Gibbins
Center for Space Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
713-798-4510